Our Group Clinical Director, Dr Gursh Bajwa, came up with a clever solution to give this patient an immediate cosmetic fix for a much lower price, using composite bonding treatment. This cosmetic option would also allow the patient to have braces at a later stage should her situation change.
What is composite bonding?
Composite bonding uses a dental resin as an adhesive or restorative material, which is also used in the creation of composite veneers. In this instance, Gursh used the composite resin to build up the patients’ front teeth to erase the gap in her front teeth and provide an overall natural and aesthetic look.
Before and After – Composite Bonding for Treating Gaps
Is composite bonding suitable for me?
Every patient’s needs will be different, but if you are experiencing any of the following issues, composite bonding could be a suitable treatment for you:
- Repairing decayed teeth by filling cavities (white fillings)
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Improving the appearance of stained and discoloured teeth
- Closing spaces and gaps between the teeth
- Enhance the shape of the teeth to make them rounder and longer